Annual FundTechnology Lab
We will campaign for one month – October 1st – 31st but donations made through December 31st COUNT!
Our dollar goal is $25,000
Our family participation goal is 100%.
We are asking each SAE family to contribute $100, however, no amount is too small. With the suggested contribution we will be able to reach our goal.
We all can play a role by investing in our own child’s education and in our school’s mission to build a generation of academically, socially, and ethically strong leaders that will impact our community. Our success depends on YOU!
In spite of the recent changes in our society the SAE community is serving our children better every day by:
- Creating an efficient and effective hybrid learning model
- Becoming the first 100% solar school in Georgia
- Installing a Bipolar Ionization System (air purifying system)
- Maintaining a safe and healthy learning community (no student cases of Covid-19)
We now have an extraordinary opportunity to further enrich the lives of our SAE students by creating an official Technology Lab. This lab will provide our students more hands-on opportunity to create projects using some of the latest technology and digital tools for enhanced learning.
Did you know a child is four times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement when participating in arts and technology? ~ National Endowment for the Arts
By contributing to our annual fund this year, you will be helping to ensure our children continue to develop 21st century skills such as critical thinking, collaboration, communication, creativity, accountability, and innovation that will not only be exercised in higher education, but also help them to adapt, develop, and drive a changing workforce as well.
Below are just a few highlights on how the new Technology Lab will be integrated into our SAE student curriculum for K-8:
- Enhanced technology-based learning and interactive lessons
- Integrated technology experience with clubs/camps
- Introduction to technology vocabulary and expansion of developmental skills
- Ability to create and collaborate on video projects including greenscreen
- Enhanced robotics program
- Prepare Upper School students for high school/college
- Establish a program for Preschool students who transition to Elementary School
- Expand and nurture future career interest in fields such as technology, media, music, etc.
Why do we have an annual fund?
We want to keep tuition affordable AND we have many families who are willing to support the school philanthropically.
Doesn’t the tuition I pay cover all the costs of the school?
Tuition covers only a portion of the cost (please see the chart below that outlines where your tuition goes). The rest of our needs are met through donations made by others – including SAE employees! All private schools rely on donations from school families, generous private donors, gifts from community partners and grants from foundations. As we look for support outsideof our SAE family, it is important to demonstrate that we invest in ourselves also – many foundations and community partners require it!