We believe students thrive when they are continually engaged both academically and socially. To that end, we maintain an all year round schedule to help our students to not regress academically. In addition, to help reduce academic stress, we have strategically placed breaks as well.
Many scholarly articles have been published outlining the advantages of a year-round calendar, including:
- Students and teachers remain at their peak performance throughout the year.
- Academic regression seen during a traditional 10 – 11 week summer break will not occur.
- The finish line is viewed as completion of the 12th grade and not the end of a traditional school year in May.
- Students and teachers don’t waste valuable instructional time at the beginning of each year.
- Families are able to take vacations at non-peak times at considerable cost savings.
CAMPS DURING BREAKS
Camps are offered from 7am-6:30pm during most school breaks. These camps offer a wide variety of activities in which families and children can be involved. Camp dates are noted on the calendar below (in grey boxes with white numbers). Please see our Camps for costs of the camps.
We are in school a total of 202 days for the 2020-2021 schoool year (the red numbers below each month indicate the number of days for that month).
The SAE School is committed to the principle of equal oppurtunity in education and employment. The school does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, generic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies, and other school-administered programs and activites.