Another unique element of The SAE School is our year-round calendar (see below). We believe students thrive when they are continually engaged both academically and socially. To that end, we have structured our calendar to include frequent breaks throughout the year.
Many scholarly articles have been published outlining the advantages of a year-round calendar, including:
- Students and teachers remain at their peak performance throughout the year.
- Academic regression seen during a traditional 10 – 11 week summer break will not occur.
- The finish line is viewed as completion of the 12th grade and not the end of a traditional school year in May.
- Students and teachers don’t waste valuable instructional time at the beginning of each year.
- Families are able to take vacations at non-peak times at considerable cost savings.
Expedition Camps and Other Care during Breaks
Expedition Camps are offered from 8am-5pm (2016-2017 school year) and 6:30am-6:30pm (2017-2018 school year) during most school breaks. These camps offer a wide variety of activities in which families and children can be involved. Expedition Camp dates are noted on the calendar below (in grey with white numbers). Please see our Tuition page for costs of the camps. If camps are not offered, families are free to contact teachers to work out Other Care arrangements separate from the school.